The Houseperson is responsible for keeping the general appearance of the facility in clean, functional working order. This also includes being accessible to customers and guests by providing the best customer service experience possible.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Responsible for checking to see that all keys are functioning properly. If keys need to be replaced, he or she cuts replacement keys.
- Responsible for checking and making sure telephones are connected and working properly.
- Assists Housekeeping Department with the cleaning with the overall cleanliness of the Hotel (the hotel lobby, hallways and lobby restrooms).
- Performs maintenance for the hot tub and other small maintenance jobs when the general maintenance staff is not available.
- Assists with Bell Staff duties as needed.
- Responsible for running general office errands for the staff as needed.
- Assists Food and Beverage and/or Housekeeping staff with setting up special events, meeting rooms and banquets.
- Keeps the break room, changing rooms and employee restrooms clean and stocked.
- Per guest request, the Houseperson delivers hair dryers, ironing boards and irons.
- Responsible for checking and restocking cleaning and general supplies.
- Exhibits superb customer service skills, always greets and responds to guests in a kind and courteous way.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions well.
- Good interpersonal skills, working well with all staff and handling problematic situations professionally and discreetly.
- Previous experience in a Houseperson or Housekeeping position is a plus.