Security Personnel patrol buildings and grounds to observe and identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable conditions such as fires, theft and vandalism.
- Follow all policy, procedures and service standards.
- Patrol assigned buildings and grounds to observe and identify potential safety/security risks.
- Respond to all intrusion and fire alarms and assist in implementing Emergency procedures.
- Respond to medical emergencies and provide care within scope of training.
- Observe, report, and document any violations of policies, rules, regulations, and laws governing the location.
- Perform public safety and protective functions in a courteous and professional manner.
- Project a positive, customer service oriented demeanor when interacting with employees/visitors.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must pass a DOT physical and obtain a medical examiner’s certificate prior to the agreed upon employment start date.
- Have basic computer skills to include familiarity with Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Have or be able to obtain CPR, first aid, and AED certification through the American Heart Association. (Training available through Xanterra Parks & Resorts)
- Successfully pass a background check as well as a pre-employment drug test.
- Demonstrate maturity, a professional demeanor, good judgment, diplomacy, objectivity, and sound conflict/crisis intervention and problem-solving skills for managing employee or guest complaints.
- Be able to effectively perform duties in highly stressful or crisis situations and work under pressure without the loss of composure.
- Requires the ability to communicate professionally and effectively with a diverse population of employees and guests.