The Security Guard at Grand Canyon Railway is responsible for ensuring the safety and security of entire physical property, guests, and employees while following exceptional standards of guest service for all.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Ensure the safety and security of all Grand Canyon Railway properties by conducting regular inspections of all facilities.
- Works as a support team for other departments who may have security/safety needs.
- Works with Human Resources department to initiate pre-employment testing, escorting to clinic and performing screening for substances.
- Maintains awareness of fire notification and evacuation plans and the use of fire extinguishing equipment.
- Maintains awareness of emergency medical notification procedures.
- Maintains professional working relationships with local Law Enforcement and other designated officials.
- Calmly and professionally handles medical, fire, security and/or safety situations.
- Interacts in a non-confrontational manner with guests, employees and other designated officials, always keeps guest service in mind while interacting.
- Professionally communicates via handheld radio, follows established radio usage procedures.
- Investigate any guest or employee complaints or incidents.
- Observes and resolve situations within your limit of control and within guidelines established by Risk Management.
- Accurately and professionally reports incidents by preparing written reports of all shift activities/incidents; reports must be detailed in times, dates, names and/or descriptions of people involved in incidents, detailed descriptions of those incidents that refrain from personal comment.
- Maintains open lines of communication at all times, informing supervisor and Risk Manager of all incidents no matter the severity.
- Provide shuttle service to guests and employees throughout the Grand Canyon Railway properties.
- Adhere to all safety, Risk Management and environmental policies.
- Attends and successfully completes ongoing training classes as determined by the Risk Manager.
- Work productively under minimal supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a valid Arizona Driver’s License, and be able to comply with the Xanterra/GCR Company Vehicle Policy.
- Intermediate computer skills with working knowledge of MS Office programs.
- Knowledge of rooms and hotel layout on GCR property, including general knowledge of Xanterra Grand Canyon Railway guest services with the ability to convey information to the guests.
- Previous experience in security, law enforcement.
- Bi-lingual (English Spanish) language skills.
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications, follow detailed directions)
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Written communication skills (use of proper grammar and spelling)
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries.
- Work in all inclement weather conditions.
- Work safely to ensure company equipment is secure.
- Wear protective equipment as required by the job duties.
- Completes all required training and certifications.
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly standing and walking.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally handling, reaching outward and above shoulder, climbing, crawling, squatting/kneeling, bending, lifting/carrying items weighing over 100lbs, pushing/pulling items weighing up to 100lbs.
- Constantly listening, hearing, seeing, and speaking.
- Will be required to stand and walk for long periods of time on cement floors and to occasionally walk on uneven surfaces.