No time to complete your application now? No problem! Simply click "Apply now" to create a login and enter your contact details. We will be in touch with you!
Are you looking for a fun and exciting position in the transportation industry? Are you compassionate with a focus on safety and willingness to help others? Then First Transit wants you!
We are currently hiring for a CDL driver opening that has guaranteed part-time hours with the potential for more...AND full benefits!
At First Transit, Bus Drivers are the foundation of our business. Our most successful drivers provide safe, reliable, and efficient transportation. First Transit’s commitment to putting customers first, dedication to safety, and ambition to deliver the best makes for a working environment you’ll love.
At First Transit, we appreciate our employees’ hard work. That’s why we are proud to offer:
- Competitive Wages-Starting at $15.00/hr
- $500 Sign-On Bonus* (Conditions Apply)
- Opportunities to earn more
- Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- A comprehensive benefits package with company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, 401(k) savings plan)
- Training which is on the cutting edge of transportation with technology
As a Bus Driver, your major responsibilities will be to:
- Drive one of several different transit buses or vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned time schedule
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required
- Stop at designated points to load and unload passengers
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
- Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble
- Assure that fares are deposited into the fare box and dispense information
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents
- Operate on-board computer fare boxes and destination signs.
Bus Driver job requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Class B CDL but paid training is available
- Have at least 3 years of driving experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work shift hours and days assigned.
- All candidates subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Become a part of our team - Apply today online or in person at: 2040 US Highway 50, PO 669, Owensville, OH 45160!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,000 dedicated transit professionals through fixed route, paratransit and shuttle services at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Panama. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note: Candidates who have previously worked as a caregiver, customer service agent, day services program employee, CNA, home health aide, bus driver, school bus driver, shuttle driver, or customer service representative might find this position especially enjoyable as it requires relatable skills and includes providing a relatable service.