DescriptionThe UM Administration Coordinator contributes to administration of utilization management. The UM Administration Coordinator performs basic administrative/clerical/operational/customer support/computational tasks. Typically works on routine and patterned assignments.
The UM Administration Coordinator (Non-clinical Specialist) provides non-clinical support for the policies and procedures ensuring best and most appropriate treatment, care or services for members. Decisions are limited to defined parameters around work expectations, quality standards, priorities and timing, and works under close supervision and/or within established policies/practices and guidelines with minimal opportunity for deviation.
This position will require working on Saturday with a day off, to be determined, during the week. While this position is work at home, Mountain/AZ Time residency is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work Saturdays
- High School Diploma
- Administrative or technical support experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional phone demeanor
- Working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook in a Windows based environment and an ability to quickly learn new systems
- Must have accessibility to high speed DSL or Cable modem for a home office (Satellite internet service is NOT allowed for this role); and recommended speed for optimal performance for Humana systems is 10Mx1M
- Ability to provide a designated workspace; free from distractions with the ability to secure any protected information.
- Proficiency utilizing electronic medical record and documentation programs
- Proficient and/or experience with medical terminology and/or ICD-10 codes
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or a related field
- Prior member service or customer service telephone experience desired
- Experience with Utilization Review and/or Prior Authorization, preferably within a managed care organization
Scheduled Weekly Hours40