At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wholesale Business Solutions
The Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) Portfolio team aligns to the WPMO and is responsible for program and project delivery for the WFS, Corporate Banking, and Financial Institutions Group lines of business within Wholesale.
This candidate will report into the Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) Portfolio Leader and will be responsible for managing all activities and people associated with the delivery of a grouping of high visibility and complex projects in WFS related to business process improvement and system integrations. The ideal candidate has a consulting background, and a career project manager with experience leading complex programs and projects in capital markets. The candidate should leverage that experience to grow the skills of direct report project managers.
- Partner with senior leadership and major stakeholders to establish strategic plans and objectives for a complex family of projects
- Project delivery staffing, capacity planning, and quality control management of service levels/ KPIs across a WFS grouping of projects
- Manage project budgets/forecasting, schedules, and staffing to ensure optimal business results
- Provide leadership, direction and coaching to project manager staff
- Direct high visibility and complex projects managed by others
- Must be capable of managing a program and projects by directly managing of jumpingand contributing in as needed based on demand and potential issues with delivery.
- Preparation of business cases and benefits realization tracking
- Influence and negotiate with senior management
- Must promote and adhere to EPMO and WPMO prescribed standards and comply with Enterprise Project Management Policy and Methodology. Significant component performance management / MBOs will align to both compliance with prescribed standards and to excellence in project and program delivery.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 3+ years of management experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Prior solution-oriented consulting experience.
- Prior experience with staffing, recruiting, and coaching team members.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with capital markets & institutional brokerage.
- Demonstrated management experience leading, recruiting, developing, coaching, motivating and retaining a high performing geographically dispersed team.
- Proven and demonstrated leadership skills including relationship building, partnering and collaboration skills with clear ability to influence, gain buy-in and negotiate with a diverse group of key business partners/stakeholders.
- Experience presenting to management and ability to articulate key messages around risk, issues, customer impacts, etc.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas.
- Experienced in the prioritization of initiatives, assigning work, execution, management and resolution of risks and issues while ensuring initiative(s) are delivered within agreed timelines.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.