We seek ANCC certified Advanced Practice Nurses or NCCPA Physician Assistants experienced in Gastroenterology to join our team. This is a busy (16 - 24 patients / day) and challenging clinic practice. Southwest Medical Associates offers patients 13 convenient neighborhood locations in the Las Vegas / Southern Nevada area. As a Provider team member you will be treated with respect, and given the tools you need to provide the best in quality, accessible and coordinated care. We enjoy an electronic medical record environment, and digital radiology system. As an NP or PA in Gastroenterology, you would be expected to routinely see patients for colon cancer screening, abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, IBS, Crohn’s, ulcertive colitis, chronic hepatitis B & C, cirrhosis, autoimmune hepatitis, weight loss, rectal bleeding, dysphagia, reflux, GERD, Barrett’s, peptic ulcer, hiatal hernia, diverticulosis / diverticulitis, and anemia. You would also renew / manage medications, but would not be involved in procedures.
Other Physician and PA specialty teams at SMA include Endocrinology, Geriatrics OB/GYN, Urgent Care, Women’s Health, Rheumatology, Anesthesiology, and Wound Care. We also employ specialty Hospitalist physicians to deliver and manage inpatient care and contract with single specialty groups in all other specialties. Our chosen partners share our vision for treating the whole patient and involving the family in the care and case management plans.
We offer an attractive base salary, $15,000 sign on bonus, bonus plan, and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and life insurance, STD / LTD, professional liability, matching 401K, relocation costs, three weeks paid vacation, one week paid CME with $3500 allowance, and eight paid holidays.
Clinic hours: Monday - Friday, with no weekends and no call responsibilities
- Active unrestricted license as a APRN or PA-C in the state of Nevada or ability to obtain
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner Certification in Primary Care, Geriatric, Adult or Physician Assistant certification, or ability to obtain
- 1+ years of documented clinical Gastroenterology practice experience or 4+ years of Primary Care NP / PA experience may be considered in lieu of Gastroenterology experience
- Basic technical proficiency in the use of computer programs for medical records or Internet search for clinical practice
- DEA license or ability to obtain
- Ability to communicate with patients, primary care team members and management staff
- Ability to make care decisions based on best medical practices in specialty area of practice without direct supervision or guidance by a physician
- Ability to formulate a differential diagnosis
- Proficient in assessment and development of treatment plans
- Ability to conceptualize the needs for the team or department and actualize plans for implementation
- Empowered to develop plans of action and gain team consensus towards common goals
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. Job Keywords: Nurse Practitioner, NP, Physician Assistant, PA, Gastroenterology, Las Vegas, NV, specialties