OptumCare is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants. OptumCare offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. OptumCare is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
OptumCare is now part of the Optum division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
OptumCare is currently seeking a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In this position, you will be responsible for providing anesthesia services to patients who are under the care of a physician, dentist or podiatrist. The CRNA works cooperatively with the Anesthesiologist and other members of the anesthesia team and members of the medical staff in planning the patient care and services from the time the pre-op history data is collected, induction and monitoring of anesthesia during surgery, and monitoring throughout the post-op stay up to discharge. Participates in facility compliance activities including record keeping standards as mandated by state, federal and pharmacy regulations.
- Collects pre-op history data from all patients prior to any anesthesia administration; reviews findings with Anesthesiologist for recommendations and sign-off
- Educate and discuss risks, alternatives and benefits of anesthesia with patients prior to anesthesia administration; obtains informed anesthesia consent
- Maintains adequate anesthesia supplies and medication as needed
- Reports any adverse outcomes or complications immediately to Anesthesiologist; files appropriate reports as required
- Participates in facility compliance activities to include auditing, pharmacy records, narcotic logs, and any other record keeping for state, federal, pharmacy and policy requirements
- Works cooperatively with facility staff to maintain high level of customer service and quality of care for all services provided
- Checks anesthesia equipment daily and between cases to assure safe operating condition
- Attends meetings as required
- May perform other duties within scope of licensure/certification as required
- Bachelor's degree in applicable area of expertise or equivalent experience
- Current and unrestricted Nevada RN license or ability to obtain
- Current and unrestricted certification as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist approved and accepted by the State of Nevada Board of Registered Nursing or ability to obtain
- Valid and current BCLS card or ability to obtain prior to employment
- Valid and current ACLS or ability to obtain prior to employment
- Valid and current PALS card or ability to obtain prior to employment
Las Vegas offers the best in entertainment and cultural options, in addition to being an affordable metropolitan area in which to live. Also, Nevada has no state income tax. Warm weather, 300-plus days of sunshine, championship golf, hiking, skiing, five-star restaurants, endless attractions and entertainment choices are reasons Las Vegas is one of the fastest-growing cities in the United States.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: CRNA, Nurse Anesthetist, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, AANA, American Association of Nurse Anesthetists, NVANA, Nevada Association of Nurse Anesthetists, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada