This isn't HR. This is Human Capital at UnitedHealth Group. Here, you're expected and empowered to be your best, to grow and to develop your skills. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work. (sm)
The Clinical Nurse Educator works with business leaders and subject matter experts to implement all aspects of the education process including research, assessment, design, development, delivery, and assessment of learning initiatives as defined by the specific job requirements of this position. The NE is responsible for design techniques which include on the job learning maps, clinical leadership development and education, mentor opportunities, interactive course development for a CEU program, as well as experiential cohort learning.
The Clinical Nurse Educator will collaborate with internal and external business leaders to help assess learner needs and make recommendations leveraging best practice clinical and learning strategies to meet those needs. This role will involve collaboration with internal and external business leaders to meet all aspects of the education process including ongoing needs assessment, session planning, objective writing, learning delivery, evaluation. Course delivery includes the design and development of online and web-based learning materials which are developed in adherence with adult learning principles. The NE will continually make recommendations for modifications of learning sessions to ensure ongoing effectiveness and that objectives are being met. This individual will own and manage multiple development deliverables simultaneously and will support other projects as assigned.
- Nurse Educator focused on building internal and external CEU program
- Identifying CEU opportunities per state for Nurses and Pharmacists and communicating to appropriate field staff
- Working with each state to design education that can offer CEU credit Working with Pharmacy and sales leaders on internal and external CEU opportunities
- Building a CEU program for our referral partners that offer CEU’s within individual states per their requirements
- Working with our internal partners on CEU needs including building a strategic alliance with other business division and leveraging existing resources
- Current RN license
- 2+ years of professional instructional design
- 2+ years development experience in a corporate training setting
- Deep knowledge of adult learning theory and how to apply in the design of learning experiences
- MS Office proficiency
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in project management and project deployment
- Understanding of contracts and ability to navigate multiple requirements at once
- Technical Writing experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with diverse teams
- Ability to learn new tools and processes quickly with little guidance or documentation
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: instructional designer consultant, Design, Project Management, Project Deployment, nursing, CEU, Lenexa, KS, Kansas