Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
The Clinical Services Manager will be responsible for the direct management of interdisciplinary team members providing palliative care services in New Jersey, and the overview of palliative care delivery, in collaboration with local palliative care physicians.
- Responsible for hiring, managing and maintaining the clinical work force for palliative care (nurses/nurse practitioners, social workers, and paraprofessionals)
- Staff planning including budgeting, case load balancing, afterhours coverage and expense management (travel, etc.)
- Training oversight and competency assessment for team members, including individual ride-alongs, to ensure quality of care and compliance against regulations and health plan requirements
- Comfortable with documenting in electronic medical records, and utilizing electronic data and reports to improve patient performance
- Facilitation of weekly Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) meetings for patient care coordination and oversight
- In coordination with palliative care physicians, spot reviews team clinical system documentation to provide feedback and improve patient care
- Working with healthcare economics, oversees the delivery of operational reporting metrics and key performance indicators
- Oversight of process and procedure definition and compliance
- Rotational after-hours coverage for clinical escalations
- May provide in-the-field coverage during periods of enrollment ramp-up or high staff attrition
- Impact of work is most often at the local level, however management of a highly virtual team
Current, unrestricted NP license in New York or ability to obtain
- Positions in this function require license and certification as Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, or Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Certification as a GNP, ANP or FNP
- National Certification through ANCC or AANP
- DEA license or ability to obtain
- Prior management / supervisory experience of multiple direct reports
- Experience in the delivery of palliative care is preferred (HPNA/HPCC Certification)
- Strong business acumen including analysis, business planning, and budgetary expense management experience
- Proven experience in developing and sustaining internal and external client relationships with healthcare professionals
- Able to develop excellent professional relationships; strong communication skills
- Must be able to function independently; have good decision making skills
- Intermediate level of proficiency in PC based word processing including Microsoft Word and Outlook
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse Practitioner Jobs, Geriatric Nurse Practitioner, NP, Palliative Care, Primary Care, Home Care, Newark, Hackensack, NJ, New Jersey