Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation’s largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family. We’re also the career home for Nurse Practitioners who bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day. As a Home Visit Nurse Practitioner with Optum, you’ll provide primary care home visits for patients in collaboration with the physician of record and patient care team. This position is serving throughout the Lancaster, York, Harrisburg, Reading, PA area.
The Optum Dual Special Needs Plan (DSNP) at Home program is a longitudinal, integrated care delivery program that coordinates the delivery and provision of clinical care of members in their place of residence. The DSNP program combines Optum trained clinicians providing intensive interventions customized to the needs of each individual, in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Care Team, which includes the Optum clinician, the member’s Primary Care Provider and other providers, and other professionals.
After conducting an initial comprehensive patient assessment, you will communicate and manage the patients’ plan of care across all care providers, family, and caregivers to ensure that timely, patient-centered, appropriate evidence-based medicine is provided. By building strong relationships, you’ll have a meaningful impact on the patient’s health as you collaborate with the care team to provide direct patient care and develop a plan of care to achieve patient’s goal and clinical outcomes.
Listen to our NPs describe their work: NP Careers Overview Video
Not sure if this role is for you? View the Realistic Job Preview that is focused on the things that matter most to you: Home_Visit_NP_RJP
- Obtain and review medical history, conduct physical and psychosocial assessments, analyze and diagnose conditions and develop appropriate plan of care
- Identify gaps in care, interpret diagnostic test and reports and refer appropriately
- Identify risk factors and help mitigate barriers to access care and reduce risk
- Develop interventions to assist members in attaining established goals of care
- Evaluate member’s progress in completion of goals of care and re-assess and assist in care management with members
Serves as a key resource on complex and/or critical issues
Solves complex problems and develops innovative solutions
- Establishes and maintains communication and a trusting relationship with the member, family/authorized representative and primary caregiver and specialists
Discuss medical options/interventions with members/families to promote understanding and assist them in making informed decisions
Clarify member's cultural values that may impact health management/decisions
Identify prognosis/trajectory of chronic disease that may impact future member health decisions and conduct advanced care planning discussions
- 100% travel in local market area to patient’s homes for in home visits
- 1+ years of experience with hands on, post grad Nurse Practitioner work
- Active, un-encumbered license to practice nursing in the state of assignment or ability to obtain
- Nurse practitioner Certification from either the ANCC or AANP or ability to obtain
- DEA License or the ability to obtain
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Certification
- Geriatric or adult medicine specialty
- Effectively communicate with elderly and chronically ill patients and families
- Bi-lingual or multi-lingual
- Understanding of Medicare, Medicaid and Health Plan benefit structures beneficial
- Comfortable working independently in a home-visit setting
- Basic knowledge of computers and cell phones
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage schedule
- Excellent Collaboration skills and ability to communicate with care team and physicians
- Experience working with complex patient populations including multiple chronic diseases with diverse psychosocial backgrounds
- Expectation for high quality focus on the clinical model for DSNP which includes Stars and accurate coding and documentation
- Previous experience working in home health or in home setting
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Nurse Practitioner Jobs, Geriatric Nurse Practitioner, NP, home care, Pittsburgh, PA Pennsylvania