You’ve taken your skills to an advanced level. You bring an enormous store of compassion and dedication to your work. Now, it’s time to join one of the largest communities of Nurse Practitioners in the country as we build new solutions for an ever growing patient base. Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation’s largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses.
- Develop strong competencies in Palliative Care as you provide preventative and primary care for patients in assigned long term care facilities
- Collaborate with primary care physicians, the nursing staff and the patients' families to coordinate care in the manner best suited to the patient’s needs
- Will be expected to see long term care patients 5 days a week (no weekends)
Consider this. Success in the NP role requires learning how to strike a balance between clinical and customer service/business mindset. Your work within these independently owned/operated long term care facilities means that you represent us not just with our members and their families but also with the employees and leaders of each facility. Balancing how to work with, educate, and service the facilities’ staff while also providing the members with the clinical and caring attention can be a challenge.
- Current, unrestricted NP license in the state of Alabama
- 1+ years of hands on post-grad experience
- Ability to obtain DEA licensure/Prescriptive Authority post-hire in states where applicable
- Clinical background and national certification as ANP, FNP, GNP or PA-C required or the ability to obtain
- Past experience working in a nursing home or with seniors in other settings
- Intermediate level of proficiency in PC based word processing including Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Internal applicants must have worked with Optum for at least 12 months
Your work and dedication has helped you become a superb care giver. Let’s build on it. Apply today and let your compassion and commitment lead you to your life’s best work.SM
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse Practitioner Jobs, Geriatric Nurse Practitioner, NP, long term care, LTC, Assisted Living, Nursing Home, Primary Care, Birmingham, Mobile, AL, Alabama