You’ve taken your skills to an advanced level. You bring an enormous store of compassion and dedication to your work. Now, it’s time to join one of the largest communities of Nurse Practitioners in the country as we build new solutions for an ever growing patient base. Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation’s largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses.
In this role, you will represent Optum as you provide primary care to patients in long term care settings; coordinate with their Primary Care Provider and facility staff to deliver high quality care on site. You’ll interact closely with the facility staff and providers throughout the community; educating, building relationships and showing leadership in how to best address the complex needs of the patient and family. This is a flexible, autonomous role that creates enormous satisfaction for the NP as you impact the care and comfort of our aging population. Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide preventative and primary care for patients in assigned long term care facilities
- Work with primary care physicians to provide the best care possible
- Collaborate with the nursing staff and the patients' families
- Work with the facility's utilization review process
- In this role, you'll also explore and learn more about palliative care
Consider this. Success in the NP role requires learning how to strike a balance between clinical and customer service/business mindset. Your work within these independently owned/operated long term care facilities means that you represent us not just with our members and their families but also with the employees and leaders of each facility. Balancing how to work with, educate, and service the facilities’ staff while also providing the members with the clinical and caring attention can be a challenge.
- Certified nurse practitioner through ANCC/AANP for adult, family and/or geriatrics (GNP preferred)
- Current unrestricted license or the ability to obtain in state(s) in which practicing
- Unrestricted DEA (license to prescribe narcotics/level II info here) per state regulations (unless prohibited in state of practice) or the ability to obtain
- Prior experience as a Nurse Practitioner in a long term care setting or community setting for a minimum of one year preferred
- Proficient computer skills including the ability to document medical information with written and electronic medical records
- Understanding of Geriatrics and Chronic Illness
- Ability to develop and maintain positive customer relationships
- Adaptability to change
- Understanding of Advanced Illness and end of life discussions
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse Practitioner Jobs, Geriatric Nurse Practitioner, NP, long term care, LTC, Assisted Living, Nursing Home, Primary Care, Pittsboro, NC, North Carolina, Chatham County