You’ve taken your skills to an advanced level. You bring an enormous store of compassion and dedication to your work. Now, it’s time to join one of the largest communities of Nurse Practitioners in the country as we build new solutions for an ever growing patient base. Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation’s largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses.
In this role, you will represent Optum as you provide primary care to patients in long term care settings; coordinate with their Primary Care Provider and facility staff to deliver high quality care on site. You’ll interact closely with the facility staff and providers throughout the community; educating, building relationships and showing leadership in how to best address the complex needs of the patient and family. This is a flexible, autonomous role that creates enormous satisfaction for the NP as you impact the care and comfort of our aging population.
- Provide preventative and primary care for patients in assigned long term care facilities
- Work with primary care physicians to provide the best care possible
- Collaborate with the nursing staff and the patients' families
- Work with the facility's utilization review process
- Explore and learn more about palliative care
- Current, unrestricted NP license in the state of assignment or the ability to obtain
- Ability to obtain DEA licensure/Prescriptive Authority post-hire in states where applicable
- Nurse Practitioner national certification as ANP, FNP, or GNP required or the ability to obtain
- A clinical background in adult, family or geriatric specialties
- Past experience working in a nursing home or with seniors in other settings
- Intermediate level of proficiency in PC based word processing including Microsoft Word and Outlook
Your work and dedication has helped you become a superb care giver. Let’s build on it. Apply today and let your compassion and commitment lead you to your life’s best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse Practitioner Jobs, Geriatric Nurse Practitioner, NP, long term care, LTC, Assisted Living, Nursing Home, Primary Care, Washington State, WA, Seattle, WA