Provide collaborative neurologic care and management of patients. Assist Neurologists in managing a neurologic consult service for both inpatient and outpatients.
- Assesses the physical and psychosocial status of clients by means of interview, health history, physical examination, and diagnostic studies.
- Recognizes deviations from normal in the physical assessment. Works in collaboration with a physician in formulating treatment plans for health problems and follow-up.
- Writes prescriptions for medication based upon laboratory results, routine diagnostic and follow-up studies, therapeutic measures, and post-discharge care in accordance with written practice protocols.
- Requests written consultation from physicians and other healthcare professionals to ensure appropriate and quality patient care.
- Interprets and evaluates findings of studies/tests.
- Relays appropriate information regarding patient care to the collaborating physician.
- Evaluates the quality of care provided and recommends changes for improvement.
- Provide collaborative neurologic care and management of patients.
- Participate and lead family meetings, as needed by Neurologist.
- Dictates or writes, or through EMR documents patient history, admissions, care plans, progress, and discharge notes.
- Provide clinical leadership for the development and implementation of new protocols and algorithms
- Interacts with clinical and administrative staff for optimal patient care.
- Provides on-call coverage
- License and current registration to practice in state.
- Graduate from a registered NP program.
- Master’s degree in nursing.
- Privileges or eligibility to apply.