Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation's largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family. We're also the career home for Nurse Practitioners who bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day.
OptumCare Arizona, now part of OptumCare has an opening for a Nurse Practitioner / PA-C to join our growing team in Phoenix, Arizona. Our patient centered-medical home practice provides care that is proactive, preventive, acute, chronic, long term and even end-of-life replacing standard care that was less coordinated and episodic.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
The Nurse Practitioner-Certified (NP-C) / PA-C serves as an additional patient care provider, augmenting the services and extending the availability of patient care provided by the practice’s health care team. The NP-C / PA-C will exercise his or her patient care and medical decision-making autonomy within established clinical parameters mutually agreed to and set forth upon hire, and will provide a broad range of diagnostic, therapeutic and preventive services as defined within those clinical parameters. The expected patient population encountered by the NP-C / PA-C will range from the accepted age for young patients to geriatric patients. The Nurse Practitioner / PA-C functions as an integral part of the clinical team lending support to other staff as needed.
- Obtains patient histories and performs physical examinations
- Orders and / or performs and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic procedures/tests
- Performs minor surgical procedures
- Formulates working diagnoses for patients
- Develops and implements treatment plans
- Monitors therapeutic efficacy of treatment plans
- Documents in the patient medical record all pertinent clinical findings in standard SOAP format and in accordance with accepted evaluation and management (E&M) documentation guidelines
- Provides patient counseling, education and coordination of care as necessary
- Makes appropriate patient referrals to practice physicians and other health care providers
- Lends assistance to practice clinical assistants (certified medical assistants, LPN’s) as needed
- Lends assistance to and provides solutions for appointment scheduling personnel for patient triage problems as requested
- Performs other clinical duties as directed by collaborating physician(s), including but not limited to hospital and nursing home rounds (as sanctioned by the state board of nursing and the hospitals / nursing homes involved)
- Shares in taking weeknight, weekend and holiday call with other professionals in the practice
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing or Physician Assistant program
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner Certification in Primary Care, Geriatric, Adult or Physician Assistant certification, or ability to obtain
- Active unrestricted APRN or PA-C license in AZ, or ability to obtain
- Prescribing authority or ability to obtain prior to employment
- DEA license or ability to obtain prior to employment
- 2+ years professional Nurse Practitioner or PA-C experience in a clinical setting or may consider candidates who have completed clinical rotation with Optum
- Experience with chronic disease management
- Basic proficiency with electronic medical records and computer
We offer patient care that is compassionate, appropriate and effective for the treatment of health problems and the promotion of health. Our employees work with professionalism, as manifested through a commitment to carrying out professional responsibilities, adherence to ethical principles, and sensitivity to a diverse patient population.
We run a systems-based practice, as manifested by actions that demonstrate an awareness of and responsiveness to the larger context and system of health care and the ability to effectively call on system resources to provide care that is of optimal value.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse practitioner, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona