Southwest Medical Associates (SMA) is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. SMA offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. SMA is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
Southwest Medical Associates is now part of the Optum division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
In this role, the NP will have clinical practice experience to assess patients of various age groups and have the ability to diagnose, create treatment plans and prescribe medications as related to the treatment plan. The extender develops plans in collaboration with a physician to achieve the best health outcomes for the patient in their primary care team.
- Rapidly formulate a differential diagnosis from assessments conducted within the clinic setting
- Interpretation of tests
- Counseling liaison to women's support group programs
- Will conduct breast exams, gynecological disease and treatments, including prenatal care; colposcopy; placement of IUD's and general OB/GYN office procedures
- Develop and implement treatment plans for patients assigned within the primary care tea
- Provide guidance to nursing personnel towards treatment plans and care issue
- Documents treatment plans in the medical record
- Documents collaborative guidance from the physician as needed
- Coordination of care for patient
- Master of Science degree in Nursing or Master of Science degree in Physician Assistant Studies
- National Nurse Practitioner Certification in Women’s Health, Adult or Family and / or Certified Midwifery or Physician Assistant certification or ability to obtain prior to employment
- Unrestricted, active licensure in the State where this position is based, or ability to obtain prior to employment
- Current DEA or ability to obtain
- 1+ year of experience as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in an OB/GYN or Women’s Health clinic setting
- Intermediate level of technical proficiency in the use of computer programs for medical records or internet search for clinical practice
- Current NPI and / or PTAN number or ability to obtain
- Ability to communicate with patients, primary care team members and management staff
- Ability to make care decisions based on the best medical practices without direct supervision or guidance by a physician
- Ability to formulate a differential diagnosis
- Proficient in assessment and development of treatment plans
We offer an attractive base salary, $15,000 sign on bonus, bonus plan, and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and life insurance, STD / LTD, professional liability, matching 401K, relocation costs, three weeks paid vacation, one week paid CME with $3500 allowance, and eight paid holidays.
Las Vegas offers the best in entertainment and cultural options, in addition to being an affordable metropolitan area in which to live. Also, Nevada has no state income tax. Warm weather, 300-plus days of sunshine, championship golf, hiking, skiing, five-star restaurants, endless attractions and entertainment choices are reasons Las Vegas is one of the fastest-growing cities in the United States.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: OBGYN, Las Vegas, NV, Women's Health, Nurse Practitioner, NP, Physician Assistant, PA, Las Vegas, Nevada