Optum a division under the greater UnitedHealth Group has exciting Advanced Practice Clinician opportunities available! We have teams of Advanced Practice Clinicians spread across the New York market and are looking to expand the team. We continue to see growth in the upstate NY market which has resulted in a large number of openings. Our hiring is twofold, to keep up with the growth and to keep up with promotions of our Advanced Practice Clinicians. This growth is not only a testament to our model’s success but the efforts, care, and commitment of our Advanced Practice Clinicians.
Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation’s largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. You have found the best place to advance your advanced practice nursing career. We are one of the nation’s largest employers of Advanced Practice Clinician, offering incredible opportunities to make a difference in the lives of patients. This growth is not only a testament to our model’s success but the efforts, care and commitment of our Advanced Practice Clinicians.
If you want more meaning in your career - as a clinician or a business professional - take this opportunity and apply. It’s the first step in a new career that will enable you to do your life’s best work.(sm)
In this role, you will provide primary care to patients in long term care settings; coordinate with their PCP and facility staff to deliver high quality care on-site. This is a flexible, autonomous role that creates enormous satisfaction for the Advanced Practice Clinician as you impact the care and comfort of our aging population. All the while, you’ll be building meaningful relationships with the residents and their families and the health care providers who are responsible for their care
- Provide preventative or primary care in assigned long term care facilities
- Work with primary care physicians to provide the best care possible
- Collaborate with the nursing staff and the patients' families
- Work with the facility's utilization review process
- Learn more about palliative care
This position works a fixed schedule and requires the ability to manage a case load of patients with varying degrees of illness. Extensive documentation / EMR work is also involved
- Current, unrestricted NP license in the state of assignment or the ability to obtain
- Ability to obtain DEA licensure/Prescriptive Authority post-hire in states where applicable
- Nurse Practitioner national certification as ANP, FNP, AANP, or GNP required or the ability to obtain
- A clinical background in adult, family or geriatric specialties
- Experience working in a nursing home or with seniors in other settings
- Intermediate level of PC-proficiency with programs like Microsoft Word and Outlook
Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm) If you want more meaning in your career, take this opportunity and apply.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse Practitioner Jobs, Geriatric Nurse Practitioner, NP, Physician Assistant Jobs, PA, long term care, LTC, Assisted Living, Nursing Home, Primary Care, Rochester, New York, Genesee, Wyoming, NY