In this role, you will provide primary care to patients in long term care settings; coordinate with their PCP and facility staff to deliver high quality care on-site. This is a flexible, autonomous role that creates enormous satisfaction for the NP as you impact the care and comfort of our aging population. All the while, you’ll be building meaningful relationships with the residents and their families and the health care providers who are responsible for their care.
If you are located in or near Middlesex county, Massachusetts, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide preventative and primary care for patients in assigned long term care facilities
- Work with primary care physicians to provide the best care possible
- Collaborate with the nursing staff and the patients' families
- Work with the facility's utilization review process
- In this role, you’ll also explore and learn more about palliative care
- Current, unrestricted NP or PA license in the state of MA or the ability to obtain
- For NPs: Graduate of an accredited Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) program and Board Certified through the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- For PAs: Physician Assistant, active, unrestricted license in the state which you reside and currently board-certified by an appropriate midlevel practitioner certifying agency
- Ability to obtain DEA licensure / Prescriptive Authority post - hire
- Clinical background in adult, family or geriatric specialties
- Intermediate level of proficiency in PC based word processing including Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel between nursing homes and/or care settings
- Experience working in a nursing home or with seniors in other settings
- 1+ years of experience as an NP or PA in a long term care setting
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Understanding of Geriatrics and Chronic Illness
- Understanding of Advanced Illness and end of life discussions
- Ability to develop and maintain positive customer relationships
Adaptability to change
Transforming health care and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse Practitioner Jobs, Physician Assistant, Geriatric Nurse Practitioner, Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult Nurse Practitioner, NP, PA, long term care, LTC, ANP, GNP, FNP, ANCC, AANP, Assisted Living, Nursing Home, Primary Care, Middlesex, Lowell, Lawrence, Boston, Cambridge, MA, Massachusetts