What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You can improve the health of others and help heal the health care system. You can work with in an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
OptumCare wants to help make health care work better for everyone. That mission depends upon hiring the best and most compassionate team with a heart to serve and a drive to improve health outcomes. Millions of people place their trust in our clinicians and caregivers to get the right care at the right time.
UnitedHealth Group and OptumCare have a shared sense of purpose to improve the lives of those we serve while building our competencies and knowledge.
See how our NPs have the most opportunities to grow in a company that sets you on the path to do your life’s best work.SM
This position provides primary case management of chronic and acute conditions.
- Providing direct care to chronically ill residents in long - term care facilities
- Collaborating with primary care physicians, facility staff and patients' families
- Coordinating of care for patients
- Participating in care conferences with other providers and patient family members
- Working with utilization review process for each facility
- Identifying patients' behavioral health issues
- Educating nursing home staff, physicians and administration
- National Nurse Practitioner certification or ability to obtain
- Certification in Adult, Family or Gerontology or ability to obtain
- Licensure in the State where this position is based (Wisconsin) or the ability to obtain
- DEA license or the ability to obtain
- Masters Degree
- Intermediate level of proficiency in PC-based word processing including basic -Microsoft Word and Outlook skills
- Behavioral health experience desirable
- Clinical experience
- Long-term care experience
- Knowledge of mental health issues
- A background in managed care
- Familiarity with Medicare and ICD-10 coding
- Preferred past experience working in a nursing home or with seniors in other settings
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: DEA, Nurse Practitioner, np, geriatric, long term care, ltc, Appleton, Manatowoc, Sheboygan, Green Bay, Fox Valley, WI, Wisconsin