Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
Southwest Medical Associates (SMA) is a multi-specialty group of Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 200 providers, fourteen clinical locations including nine health care centers, five urgent care clinics and an outpatient surgery center. SMA offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. SMA is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
Southwest Medical Associates is now part of Optum, part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
- Rapidly formulate a differential diagnosis from assessments conducted within the urgent care setting
- Develop and implement treatment plans for patients that are impaneled or walk-in patients
- Provide guidance to support personnel towards treatment plans and care issues
- Document treatment plans in the medical record
- Coordinate care with the patients
Las Vegas offers the best in entertainment and cultural options, in addition to being an affordable metropolitan area in which to live. Also, Nevada has no state income tax. Warm weather, 300-plus days of sunshine, championship golf, hiking, skiing, five-star restaurants, endless attractions and entertainment choices are reasons Las Vegas is one of the fastest-growing cities in the United States.
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant certification or ability to obtain
- Active unrestricted APRN or PA-C license in Nevada or ability to obtain
- Minimum six months documented clinical practice experience either in primary care, retail, emergency medicine or urgent care settings OR Level II Extender with two years documented clinical practice experience
- Ability to communicate with patients, primary care team members and management staff
- Ability to make care decisions based on best medical practices without direct supervision or guidance by a physician
- Basic technical proficiency in the use of computer programs for medical records or internet search for clinical practice
- Advanced assessment and treatment plan implementation skills
- Urgent care experience
- Experience with Mental Health
- Familiarity with Medicare and ICD-9 coding
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, Urgent Care, Las Vegas, Nevada, SMA, Southwest Medical Associates