Enjoy a flexible schedule!
Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation's largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family. We're also the career home for Nurse Practitioners who bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
Listen to our NPs describe their work: NP Careers Overview Video In this role, you will conduct assessments or provide primary care to patients in SNF, Senior Centers or other Primary Care offices. You will coordinate with their physician and facility staff to deliver high quality care. This is a flexible, autonomous role that creates enormous satisfaction for the Nurse Practitioner as you impact the care and comfort of our aging population. All the while, you'll be building meaningful relationships with the patients, their families, and the health care providers who are responsible for their care Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide preventative, primary care, or assessments for patients in Senior Centers or other Primary Care offices. Work with primary care physicians to provide the best care possible
- Collaborate with the nursing staff and the patients' families
- Conduct assessments on health plan members
- Review patient's past medical history and formulate a list of current and past medical conditions using clinical knowledge and judgment and the findings of your assessment
- Review current symptoms and identify diagnoses to be used in care management and active medical management of treatment
- Physical examination, medication review, and depression screening
- Check vitals, conduct a physical exam that includes monofilament test, urine dipstick, and foot exam (as appropriate)
- Communicate findings in your assessment that will be used to inform the PCP of potential gaps in care
- Educate members on topics such as disease process, medication, and compliance
- Comply with all HIPAA regulations and maintain security of protected health information (PHI)
- Current, unrestricted NP or PA license in the state of assignment or the ability to obtain
- 2+ years clinical experience
- Ability to obtain DEA licensure/Prescriptive Authority post-hire in states where applicable
- Nurse Practitioner national certification as ANP, FNP, or GNP required or PA-C A
- Clinical background in adult, family or geriatric specialties
- Past experience working in with seniors
- Computer literate and able navigate the internet
- Experience in gerontology, cardiology, internal medicine, or endocrinology a plus
- Excellent administrative, organizational and verbal skills
- Ability to follow established dress code
- Effective communication skills with the geriatric or Medicare population
- Ability to work independently
- Detail oriented
- Dependable and reliable
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.