The Nutrition and Data Analyst (NDA) oversees all recipe, nutrition and ingredient cost management ensuring accuracy and clarity for all products sold by primarily, but not limited to, the Perishable product teams including Deli, Bakery, Cheese and Cafe. The NDA will enter product information into a shared data base, maintain inventory count sheets across categories, will manage recipe files and will partner with Merchant Team Directors, Assistant Directors, Buyers and Chefs, as well as our Store and Regional Operators to upkeep accurate cost files and nutrition labelling content. The NDA may interact directly or indirectly with product suppliers and distributors. Sales and category analysis will be included. This is primarily an office-based job, but may include some travel to stores as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Enter, maintain and as necessary delete ingredients and new items in recipe management and cost control software including inventory count sheets for all subteams.
- Maintain cost and margin accuracy on all products.
- Manage nutritional software and maintain nutritional accuracy for all recipes
- Partner with IT to maintain and produce easily sharable nutritional information panels or other formats as needed
- Provide data organization and analysis on categories, sub categories and/or individual items on a regular or ad hoc basis as needed.
- Partner with IT, Pricing and/or Data Analysts to prepare and maintain competitive pricing analysis on key items.
- Review and manage cost and retail changes, new ingredient and/or product entries, discontinued products and discounted items.
- Monitor and maintain integrity of products in recipe data base including naming convention to support data integrity as well as sign program maintenance.
- Monitor and maintain promotional activity for start and end dates, and review and provide analysis on promotional performance of categories, subcategories or individual items
- Generate timely product performance reports for Department managers.
- Review all vendor files for pricing accuracy.
- Maintain vigilant eye for margin irregularities and rounding discrepancies.
- Work collaboratively with Pricing Director on discontinued items, new-item entries, promotional start and end dates, retail and sale price integrity of every day & promotional sale tags.
- Review pricing and margin data with Department Directors / Managers to assist in reaching targeted goals.
- Maintain monthly projections in a timely manner to our distributors for promotional items and seasonal on/off products to support sales
- Build auto shipments across the company and ensure product delivery
- Other duties as assigned.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or G.E.D required; some college preferred
- 2-3 years directly related category retail experience required.
- Previous Natural and Organic Grocery industry experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Above average Excel skills
- Solid understanding of and ability to function in nutritional software
- Solid understanding of the basics of FDA nutritional labelling requirements
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exemplary analytical skills with regards to all categories of pricing.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills in fast paced environment.
- Accuracy with data input and numbers.
- Confidentiality and integrity.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent work ethic including a desire to learn and assist others.
- Passion for food.
- Sitting will comprise the majority of your job.
- Physical and mental dexterity to perform all aspects of the job.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration.
- Job may require national travel up to 10% of the time.