Department:OH110_82500_000 Nutrition Services - Mcsa
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being of both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
Job Description Details:
Nutrition Services Aide serves
hot and cold meals to patients, colleagues and/or visitors and performs cleaning/sanitation
duties as assigned.
- Responsible for neatness and accuracy of portions when serving and transporting
- meals/nourishments to patients, hospital staff/associates and visitors.
- Responsible for setting up work station in a timely manner and restocking
- supplies/equipment as needed.
- Responsible for using proper chemicals and temperatures in sanitizing trays, dishes,
- utensils and equipment.
- Responsible for washing and transporting dishes to service area for use.
- Responsible for stocking supplies to patient care areas as assigned.
- Performs cleaning functions in assigned areas according to department sanitation policies
- and procedures: work station (area and equipment), proper disposal of trash, sweep and/or
- mop floor as needed
- Reports the need for equipment repairs to Supervisor.
- Participates in cross-training to work in other areas of department.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school education preferred. Basic reading and writing skills preferred.
- Previous experience in a foodservice operation preferred.
- Ability to complete assignments under direct periodic supervision.
- Must be compatible with others and work well in a service situation with many different
- Must have the ability to learn correct usage of chemicals, supplies, tools and equipment.
- Must have the ability to work variety of shifts/variable schedule
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.