Department:OH1MH_82501_002 Food Production Mcw
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we understand that elevating patient-centered care comes from the efforts of all colleagues. Highly specialized roles such as Nutrition Services Supervisor and more help to provide the signature experiences that help achieve positive outcomes. You’ll find support, teamwork and coworkers that help you get the best out of yourself.
Job Description Details:
The Nutrition Services Supervisoris responsible for supervising daily staff activities for Food Services.
- Determines, coordinates and supervises daily staffing assignments and levels.
- Provides leadership, orientation, training, coaching, and mentoring to staff. Assists with performance evaluations and disciplinary actions.
- Ensures staff compliance with regulatory requirements, HACCP guidelines, and departmental policies, including those regarding safe food storage, preparation, kitchen sanitation, and employee safety.
- Performs staff responsibilities as needed to fulfill required service levels. Leads the handling and resolution of complex issues and complaints.
- Assists the Manager with planning, coordinating, and performing various duties, including budgetary compliance, vendor relations, purchasing, determining/maintaining stock levels, menu preparation, special event planning, and catered functions.
- Provide orientation and training for associates and ensures attendance at departmental meetings and in services.
- Inventories and controls usage of supplies..
- High school diploma or General Education Degree(GED). Associated Degree in Food Service or related work experience preferred.
- Completion of Sanitation Certification Course and ServSafe Certification required.
- Prefer three to five years supervisory experience in a foodservice operation
Elevating the standards of care begins at Mount Carmel. No matter what role you play, working with us means being a part of a team focused on excellence. Join us today.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.