ABOUT THE FIRM
Founded in 1961, Norwest Equity Partners (NEP) is a leading equity investment firm focused on partnering with business owners and management teams to build their companies into industry leaders. The firm prides itself on being a company-centric, collaborative investment partner with unique perspective and works directly with portfolio management teams to create supportive investment strategies that deliver long-term value.
NEP invests capital to support our companies and continuously evaluate their needs to help them grow and succeed. Leveraging its extensive network of resources, NEP helps our companies identify and employ operational excellence to drive sustainable growth. Since inception, NEP has raised $7.1 billion of capital and is currently investing NEP X with $1.6 billion in capital. Over a span of 56 years in the equity investment business, NEP has built an unparalleled reputation based on quality investments with exceptional financial returns, and its flexible investment charter gives it a unique advantage over the competition.
NEP typically provides $30 MM-$250+ MM equity investments to growing and profitable middle market companies through management buyouts, recapitalizations and growth financings. Focused on both organic and acquisition-based growth investment strategies for its portfolio companies, NEP seeks investment opportunities within a variety of industries, including agriculture, business services, consumer, distribution, industrials, energy, and healthcare. Please visit www.nep.com to learn more.
Private equity MBA interns are integral members of NEP’s deal team environment and work with Partners and other senior colleagues on a day-to-day basis. Within our investment team, MBA interns have responsibility for modeling, due diligence, industry research, transaction support and monitoring portfolio company activity. MBA interns also gain broad exposure to different forms of financing and deal opportunities across a variety of industries.
POSITION LOCATION & DURATION
This position is located in Minneapolis, Minnesota and will be for a 10-week duration. Candidates who have a strong interest in living and working in Minneapolis after graduation are preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: investment banking, accounting, or finance
• The MBA intern candidate must be actively pursuing an MBA and have a minimum of three to five years of related experience with at least 1-2 years previous private equity experience strongly preferred.
• Strong financial and business acumen and exceptional analytical and modeling capabilities.
• Ability to research and solve complex problems
• Demonstrate good judgment and ethics
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.