At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
This is your opportunity to join a dynamic and dedicated team that is looking to the future. This role will help to develop an analytics foundation and help to define the technology roadmap for the Customer Due Diligence platform of the future.
The Customer Due Diligence team within Enterprise Core Services has an exciting opportunity for an Analytics Consultant who will be accountable for researching data issues, developing analytic tools and partnering with the business to define issues and information needs and translate them into specific data requirements to support the AML/KYC customer due diligence processes across Wholesale lines of business.
The position will support work streams associated with CDD applications including Cornerstone, COPS, CRMS and ECM tied to risk, regulatory and internal business line initiatives. The applicant should have a strong data management and Wholesale business background. You will be expected to perform complex analysis of datasets, build data mapping, conduct data validation and research and troubleshoot data disparities. You will have the opportunity to interact with business and technology partners across Wholesale such as Risk, Finance, Lines Of Business, and Systems of Record owners
Applicant must have proven experience in analytics, data management, and reporting. Successful candidate must have proven (1) ability to effectively liaison across and within business functions; (2) strong technical skills, especially advanced Oracle, SQL and/or OBIEE reporting development programming skills (preferably all); and (3) strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities and tasks simultaneously effectively.Required Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- 3+ years of OBIEE (Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition) experience
- 3+ years of SQL experience
- 3 + years of experience writing relational database queries for stored procedures, query optimization and performance tuning
- 3+ years of experience working with Relationship Database Management Systems (RDBMS) such as SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 3+ years of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) experience
- Tableau experience
- 5+ years of Oracle experience
- 2+ years of banking industry experience
- Java experience
- Knowledge and understanding of relational database concepts, querying, data warehousing, ETL process, requirements gathering and/or decision support tools
- Data modeling experience
- Demonstrated proficiency and previous work experience in advanced SQL and OBIEE reporting skills.
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities and tasks simultaneously effectively.
- Advanced problem solving and technical troubleshooting capabilities
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to acquire new concepts and technical skills quickly.
- Ability to design and structure data pulling process in an efficient and comprehensive manner across platform/server
- Ability to transform data pulling code (from modelers) to an easy-to-understand fashion and structure the output data in such a way that can be used for multiple downstream processes (design and report metrics), and vice versa
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, with ability to apply critical judgment.
- Proven ability to clearly articulate ideas through verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrated excellence at identifying stakeholders, understanding business needs and driving analytical/reporting solutions.
- Ability to influence and build relationships with peers, QA, production support, clients, and business partners..
- Proven ability to communicate with business and technical partners easily, ability to communicate with various levels of management.
- Experience in AML/KYC technologies and Financial Crimes Risk Management and technologies, including customer due diligence, sanctions scanning, transaction and product monitoring and regulatory requirements such as Dodd/Frank, FATCA, etc…
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed or scheduled
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.