Department:OH1HS_63503_000 Employer RelationshIP Program
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
Job Description Details:
Our colleagues are proud to go the extra mile. This dedication to doing what’s right – and working together to make it all happen for our patients – is what truly sets Mount Carmel apart. Our Clinical Support teams ensure that success every day, and Mount Carmel ensures they have the resources and opportunities to succeed.
Primary Location: Mount Carmel West.
Our RN-Occupational Health provides direct patient care to employees of the organization using the nursing process in accordance with applicable scope.
- Conducts pre-employment health screenings. Tracks and performs required immunizations and testing.
- Provides treatment for job related injuries and illnesses.
- Ensures compliance with applicable workplace safety laws and regulations.
- Provides employee counseling and referrals for occupational injuries and illnesses as well as substance abuse, domestic violence, and other health-related matters.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing program.
- Licensure / Certification: State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN). Basic Life Support
(BLS) Healthcare Provider. Certified as an Occupational Health Nurse (COHN) by the
- American Board of Occupational Health Nurses (ABOHN).
- Experience: No previous work experience required.
- Effective Communication Skills
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action. Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, or physical ability
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.