Department:OH1MH_11200_001 Occupational Therapy Mce
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
The Occupational Therapist Assistant (OTA) performs patient treatment under the supervision of a licensed physical therapist. The Occupational Therapist Assistant communicates and collaborates with other caregivers to provide quality care and maintains accurate patient records.
Job Description Details:
- Performs patient treatment as delegated by a licensed Occupational Therapist.
- Documents patient progress and communicates with appropriate health care providers on matters concerning patient treatment, continuity of care, and discharge planning.
- Records daily treatment on charge cards and enters charges into computer when necessary.
- Coordinates the scheduling of assigned patients in cooperation with other departments as needed.
- Oversees and evaluates affiliating students as assigned.
- Reports any unusual circumstances or incidents to Clinical Coordinator or Occupational Therapist.
- Participates in performance improvement activities and contributes to development of new programs/protocols.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapist Assistant program
- Licensure / Certification: Licensed in the state of Ohio to practice as an Occupational Therapist Assistant (OTA)
- Experience: One year preferred
- Ability to make sound decisions and utilize good judgment
- Must be physically able to perform strenuous activity such as lifting and transferring patients
- Holds valid Ohio driver's license
- Maintains annual FIM certification (MCW Inpatient Rehab Unit only).
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.