Department:OH110_85009_000 Nch NICU
Expected Weekly Hours:36
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
Our Occupational Therapists provide optimal OT interventions according to the AOTA standards, MCHS policy and procedures, and Mission driven ethics for quality patient care within the continuum.
Job Description Details:
- Evaluates patients referred to inpatient or outpatient Occupational Therapy Services areas as assigned. Analyzes data, documents findings, and implements appropriate therapeutic program.
- Evaluates, provides, or constructs patient adaptive equipment or splints. Provides patient/family/health providers with training/education for compliance of use/wear/precautions.
- Documents evaluation results, treatment interventions, patient's progress toward goals and discharge plans according to format outlined in assigned treatment area.
- Communicates with multidisciplinary team via formal and informal patient conferences, team conferences, discharge planning on OT findings/plans/goals.
- Documents charges, productivity, and other required records per department standards with JCAHO compliance.
- Coordinates patient treatment schedules with self, peers, and other health professionals. Delegates appropriate treatments to COTA, RA, or Student.
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates educational in-services, lectures, and demonstrations to peers, students, other health professionals and to the public as assigned.
- Maintains safe, clean, work area. Reports operating problems to clinical coordinator or department manager.
- Responsible for effective and efficient use of supplies and equipment. Assists with inventory/re-ordering/recommending new equipment/supplies as assigned.
- Oversees licensed and unlicensed staff as assigned.
- Supervises and evaluates affiliating students as assigned..
- Responsible and accountable for safe and correct procedures delegated to RA or COTA.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy Program
- Licensure / Certification: Successfully completed examination for qualification as an Occupational Therapist; Maintains current licensure in the State of Ohio; Maintains annual FIM certification (MCW Inpatient Rehab Unit only).
- Experience: 5+ years of specialized, proven NICU experience required
- BLS healthcare provider training required.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for interactions with peers, patients, and other health professionals.
- Demonstrated organizational, problem solving, and leadership skills to deal with abrupt schedule changes and the ability to remain objective in coping with the varied stressors of work with varied acute, outpatient, and terminally ill diagnoses.
- Demonstrated ability to provide Occupational Therapy evaluations, treatments, and techniques to a wide variety of diagnosis.
- Physically able to perform strenuous activities, such as lifting and transferring patients.
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
#MCHS #ind123 *HEC*
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.