DescriptionThe Occupational Therapist 2 evaluates patients and helps them improve basic motor functions and reasoning abilities. The Occupational Therapist 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Occupational Therapist 2 teaches patients to perform tasks in their daily living and working environments to compensate for permanent loss of function. May also assist patients in selecting appropriate adaptive equipment and assistive devices. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Graduate of an occupational therapy curriculum accredited jointly by the Committee on Allies Health Education and Accreditation of the American Medical Association and the American Occupational Therapy Association
- Currently licensed as an Occupational Therapist in the state which you seek employment
- Recent clinical experience in Occupational Therapy
- Current CPR certification
- Valid Driver's License, car insurance and access to an automobile
- This role is considered patient facing and is part of Humana's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB.
- Associates working in the State of Florida will need ACHA Level II Background clearance
- Must be detailed oriented
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Strong customer service skills
- Registered with the National Registration Examination of the American Occupational Therapy Association
Scheduled Weekly Hours40