Office Associate, Somerset
Primary Location: NJ-NJSomerset-80 Cottontail Ln
Function:Office and Administrative Support
REM Community Options
- May use typewriters or personal computers to maintain or produce basic information in established formats, or to complete forms.
- Files and retrieves files, records and documents.
- Sorts, collates, assembles, and distributes, documents, mail and other written materials.
- Faxes and duplicates documents.
- Directs phone calls to appropriate persons, and records and relays phone messages.
- Maintains basic numerical information. May check and verify standard data and use a calculator to perform basic calculations.
- May utilize basic set-ups of personal computers or remote data terminals to post, check or obtain basic information.
- May act as internal courier, delivering mail and documents within facility.
- Assists others with projects by performing tasks such as copying, faxing, posting, etc.
- Greets visitors, provides basic information to direct them to the appropriate person or destination.
- Complies with established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Attends variety of meetings, conferences, and seminars as required or directed.
- Demonstrates use of quality improvement in daily operations.
- Complies with all health and safety regulations and requirements.
- Respects diverse views and approaches, and contributes in maintaining an environment of professionalism, tolerance, civility and acceptance toward all employees, patients and visitors.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed.
- High School Diploma.
- Customer Service experience a plus
- One year experience in an office setting preferred
- Basic knowledge of Excel/Word/ Power Point required
The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families. With opportunities from coast to coast, when you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.