Primary Location: CA-CAMission Hills-10200 Sepulveda Blvd
Function:Office and Administrative Support
SUMMARYEverybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. California MENTOR’s Family Support Services provides intensive coordination and family support, (known as Wraparound), to youth who have been or are at-risk of being referred to an out-of-home placement. The goal of the Office Coordinator in Wraparound is to provide support to the program to work to enhance the youth and family’s well-being by keeping the youth in their home and community, all the while, promoting self-advocacy.
We seek a passionate leader who can successfully help support the Program Director, and the Wraparound team members. Bring your creative ideas and your passion for success; we’ll train you on the rest.
Description ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
- Supports Managers, Directors, Executives and Officers with daily administrative duties, including scheduling, travel planning, and routine correspondence.
- Coordinates work performed and plans, organizes, delineates and schedules duties and responsibilities of office or department staff. Provides backup support for administrative staff to cover phones and other duties as needed.
- Assures that appropriate training and continuing in-service training instruction is received by all assigned personnel as needed.
- Coordinates the administrative functions for the department such as billing, accounting, payroll and other related activities, as needed.
- Develops systems/reports which guide and support administrative operations, as needed.
- Assists in preparation and maintenance of contracts and contract proposals. Coordinates space planning, lease formalities and office automation. Coordinates operational matters as building maintenance/repair, office equipment and purchasing. Maintains and develops relationships with vendors, including getting quotes.
- Organizes, plans and attends department/program meetings, retreats, trainings and events, as required.
- May assist with Human Resource related tasks including interviewing, hiring, orientation, and training and performance evaluations, processing paperwork and maintaining employee records.
- Maintains databases such as the Network’s Census system.
- Processes and maintains payroll and invoices/account payables for all disciplines within the office or department. Investigates all discrepancies and resolves all payroll problems.
- Performs timekeeper responsibilities for assigned employees as required. May act as central contact for disseminating information from departments, offices, states and regions
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Qualifications: Minimum Knowledge and Skills required by the JobThe requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required to perform the job.Education and Experience:Associates degree in related field and five years of experience in administrative support. An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements.Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:None required.
AMERICAN WITH DISABILITY STATEMENTExternal and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodations to be determined on a case by case basis.