The Office Manager conducts the in-store accounting and HR procedures necessary to meet the company's financial reporting and HR compliance requirements. This position is responsible for timekeeping and payroll transmission. The Office Manager may also check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions recorded by other workers.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage A/P process and data entry
- Correctly prepare all daily, weekly and periodic reports (daily sales, weekly sales and labor, A/P reports, GL reports)
- Maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality
- Ensure all store office functions are completed correctly and on time
- Keep office supplies in stock and store files up to date and to budget
- Customer service to include handling telephone calls
- Ensure Office Manager's office remains clean and organized
- Process payroll according to procedures, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of payroll checks
- Process all payroll related paperwork; new hire, transfer, payroll/personnel changes, separation, LOAs, direct deposit ensuring necessary information is send to the Central Support Office and maintained in proper files and the proper HRMS system is updated
- Ensure receipt of proper I-9 identification and timeliness and receipt of re-certification
- Prepare and maintain Team Member files ensuring accuracy, compliance and confidentially
- Respond timely and accurately to all garnishments, loan verifications, subpoenas and unemployment claims
- Serve as benefits liaison, conduct benefits and 401K enrollment meetings, monitor Team Member benefits eligibility, and assist in ongoing enrollment
- Ensure HIPPA compliance at all times
- Conduct new member introduction, ensure new members are scheduled for new hire orientation
- Provide team member with necessary information, pamphlets and forms regarding work related injuries
- Ensure policy and OSHA regulations are followed regarding Workers Compensation and safety
- Report all claims to insurance company within 24 hours, determining which accidents are reportable
- Ensure all related workers compensation paperwork is completed accurately and maintained in proper files
- Assist in hiring process including job postings, employment ads, and screening applicants
- Provide educational training to Team Members and Managers regarding basic aspects of Human Resources
- Process all federal, state and company leaves of absences ensuring compliance, accuracy and timeliness
- Maintain strict confidentiality as it pertains to all human resource issues
- Understand and adhere to federal and state employment and wage and hour laws
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma at a minimum with an associate degree in business or accounting preferred, along with 1-2 years' experience in a related job, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Detail-oriented to avoid making errors and to recognize errors made by others.
- Discreet and trustworthy due to frequent contact with confidential material.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
- Strong aptitude for numbers.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Excel, and Word and knowledge of specialized bookkeeping or accounting software.
- Ability to operate calculator, computer, and other general office equipment.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize work and perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Able to sit for long periods of time
- Some heavy lifting involved.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job