BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
OMS DEV MANAGER – DIGITAL ENGINEERING
OMS Dev Manager will be responsible for participating in the management of the design, maintenance, and enhancement of the applications and software platforms supported by their respective development team members.
BJ’s Wholesale Club is seeking a bright, results-driven Dev manager– OMS to join their Digital team. The individual will lead a high performing team responsible for mentoring, reviewing and managing Digital OMS Dev team.As a leader of the OMS Dev team, you will create impact by partnering to provide direction for continuous improvement and assisting with strategic planning for building future capabilities.
- Responsible for leading and managing digital dev team with focus on OMS activities. Works with Internal and external parties to develop and maintain secure, scalable and simple code.
- Direction, management and successful completion of assigned Business Plan Initiatives and Change Control projects following System Development/ Project life Cycle and Change Management policies/procedures.
- In addition to relevant technical experience, the ability to work effectively across other IT functions, and to understand and communicate in business terms is critical to this role.
- Partner on the development and maintenance of Omni Channel Site Operations documentation and reports.
- Manage large Digital Dev initiatives.
- Manage, guide and develop multiple teams of technical professionals including staff with expertise in IBM Watson/Sterling commerce
- 7+ years of experience with Java/J2EE architecture and/or development including 5+ years of development in IBM Sterling Commerce.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience is required in the following:
- IBM Sterling Commerce (version 9.x and experience in Web Store and Web Call Center would be an added plus)
- Experience supporting Order Management Systems capacity planning and scalability solutions.
- Conduct design and code reviews of extensions and customizations to ensure overall quality and compliance with the IBM Sterling development framework.
- Lead the definition of DevOps model including continuous integration and testing in an agile development environment.
- Participate in the review of solution testing and deployment, including System Test, Multi-Platform Integration Test, User Acceptance Test, Performance Test and Security Penetration test.
- Experience in executing Sterling Commerce upgrade and/or understanding of web store or call center framework.
- Extensive technical knowledge with a broad exposure to tools, techniques and industry standards to apply in the creation of estimates, designs and architectures.
- Experience with both ground-up Sterling implementations and evolutionary iterations of stories using agile methods.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electronics and Communication OR Engineering required.
- Retail industry experience is a plus, but not required.
- Strong customer interaction, organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent work ethics with a strong penchant for working in a challenging environment
- Familiarity with industry standards which may include (W3C, Web Services, J2EE).
- Strong system analysis and design skills and demonstrated ability in rolling out solution development tools within an organization are necessary.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.