Responsible for conducting daily vehicle inspections and providing professional, safe and timely transportation of clients and staff members to and from their homes and various medical facilities.
- Conducts daily vehicle inspections
- Picks up and transport clients and staff members to and from their homes and various medical facilities
- Completes patient run reports daily
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- This position is on call only, average 12 - 15 hours per week
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- For insurability purposes, must be at least 25 years of age or older with a valid driver’s license and be able to pass a pre - employment and regularly scheduled post - employment Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) inquiries
- Two or more years of customer service or transportation delivery experience required
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects using up to 75 pounds of force
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate equipment and / or machinery
- Ability to properly drive and operate a company vehicle
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and / or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of
- Patient transportation experience preferred.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: On Call Patient Transportation, San Antonio, Texas, TX