We are currently seeking a Full Time On-Site Health Promotion Specialist to work at a high-profile corporate client located in Pittsburgh, PA.
The On-Site Health Promotion Specialist will be responsible for evaluating the client’s culture, wellness needs and objectives, and sustaining a successful health management program by engaging the client population in health promotion events, tracking participation and evaluating program satisfaction over time.
This position serves as the face of Optum to the client and their employees. The strength of the On-Site Health Promotion Specialist lies in their ability to motivate and engage members in ways that result in positive health and wellness outcomes. This role requires a dedicated, qualified professional with exceptional interpersonal, health management and project management skills.
Build a Culture of Health:
1. Utilize claim and related data to identify areas of greatest opportunity for change. Establish baseline and measurement criteria. Report results and demonstrate improvement in baseline metrics, including client satisfaction, over time. Provide regular client reporting on engagement/successes.
2. Use assessment tools provided to audit the physical space, environment and communications promoting healthy behaviors, in order to assist clients in creating and deploying a strategic plan, including appropriate Wellness programming.
3. Manage and interpret wellness operational reports and data i.e., utilization, statistics, and satisfaction.
4. Coordinate wellness-related communications and marketing (e-mails, posters, screen messaging, desk-drops, wellness website, etc.).
5. Interact regularly with the client’s support structure, operational management and engagement team, sales and account management teams, and client liaison(s) including HR / benefits / facilities team.
6. Handle and store client data in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
Deliver Health Improvement Activities:
1. Develop, implement and effectively evaluate an annual calendar of health improvement programming: Lunch and Learns, booth events, seminars, WebEx events, facilitating the coordination of screenings (health assessments, biometric screenings, gender/age screenings, etc.).
2. Coordinate and facilitate a Wellness Champion Network to effectively deliver programming to other departments and / or localities.
3. Collaborate with client’s wellbeing vendors and other community resources to provide best in class services.
Increase Employee Health Engagement and Ownership:
1. Communicate health and behavior change information to non-health personnel by empathizing, motivating and encouraging people towards healthy change, regardless of culture, religion or economic background. This will include engagement initiatives that enhance awareness around building healthcare knowledge to create a stronger healthcare consumer for the employee populations.
2. Integrate into the client’s environment by building partnerships with internal business units, key vendor partners and leadership.
3. Develop and execute an established project timeline.
4. Use baseline data to help establish annual goals with client.
5. Ensure familiarity with integrated products, programs and services.
1. Implement and follow all Optum and client policies and procedures as outlined in the Team Member Manual.
2. Demonstrates Principles of P.R.I.D.E and United Health Group’s Core Values in all interactions.
3. Respond to client suggestions, concerns, and complaints in a timely, professional, and consistent manner while providing the gold standard in customer service. Take ownership of challenges by finding the appropriate team member who can directly assist, if unable to provide efficient support to a client or member / guest.
4. Perform other projects and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Health Promotion, Health Education, Public Health, Business, Management, Psychology, Nutrition, Exercise etc.)
- 3 years of work experience in Health Promotion, Health Management, Human Resources / Organizational Behavior or a related field with demonstrated project management experience
- Develop, share and execute on a vision of a growing product that partners with both On-Site Services and the client’s culture
- Adopt best practices around health promotion to share with client that touch on wellbeing, clinical, behavioral health/mental health areas of wellbeing by leveraging existing knowledge and experience to share with the client
- Must be knowledgeable about the industry with the skills to network, engage and interact with all clients, employees and participants using P.R.I.D.E. principles (Personable, Responsive, Intelligent, Dedicated, Exceeding Expectations)
- Experience with health plans and health plan services
- Strong project management skills with the ability to partner with multiple departments and peers
- Communicate professionally using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain and relay information to and from staff / clients / employees using multiple modes of communication such as email, phone, web presentations or in person
- Maintain current and updated knowledge within the industry and / or within Optum and UnitedHealth Group portal
- Ability to effectively engage participants as a public speaker
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Webex)
- Master’s degree in a Health Promotion Management, Public Health or related field
- Related certification such as: National Commission for Health Education Credentialing (NCHEC) certification, WellCert Certified Wellness Practitioner, CHES (Certified Health Education Specialist)
- Registered Dietitian credentialing or 5 years of experience in the industry
- Relevant experience with client management, employer’s clients and preferably experience with Optum’s employer market space
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.