For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
This Onsite Nurse Liaison position is an exciting opportunity for an experienced nurse to promote engagement in clinical programs, helping to improve member healthcare decisions. The ideal candidate will have experience providing health education on an individual and group level, and will utilize analytic data to improve employee engagement, affordability and decision making, to deliver high impact results. The Onsite Nurse will help empower employees to make better healthcare decisions, and connect them with the appropriate resources. This position focuses on health education, behavior modification, health care consumerism, and engagement in the wellness program offerings. In this field based position, the Onsite Nurse collaborates with the UHC Customer and Analysis team and supports Optum products, as well as external vendors.
- Promote current health and wellness offerings including member resources
- Educate members on health education and condition management (formal and informal)
- Track, monitor and evaluate customer specific health analytic data and develop targeted data driven strategic plans and programs
- Provide support to clinical programs
- May perform clinical assessments, non-invasive biometric screenings and associated health education and counseling
- Referral of employees to available clinical programs including premium designated physicians
- Create, manage and implement employer specific wellness programs based on employer's needs
- Knowledge of community resources for referral and community outreach
Must have ability to travel within the Denver metro area with 25% travel across the State of Colorado.
- Registered Nurse with active and unrestricted license in the state of Colorado
- 3+ years clinical experience educating on diabetes, weight management, heart disease, healthy promotions
- Familiar with health promotion, disease prevention, and community development trends
- Experience in PC-based word processing and database documentation (Word, Excel, Internet, Outlook, PowerPoint) , Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Program management experience
- 3 to 5 years' experience in managed care
- Familiarity motivational interviewing skills
- Strong ability to counsel, connect with, and engage members on health topics and condition management
- Effective interpersonal skills, influence, collaboration, and listening skills in understanding customer needs
- Possesses strong written and oral communication skills; articulates issues in a concise manner
- Strong presentation skills with proven experience in presenting complex materials in public settings
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Clinical, RN, Registered Nurse, field based, Denver, CO, Colorado