The Oncology RN will work with the Clinical Operations, Nursing staff and Physicians to ensure clinic goals are met through determination of work load priorities to meet the clinic’s administrative, operational and support requirements. Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Provide care for critically or chronically ill cancer patients
- Administer Chemotherapy or other methods of symptom treatment per the Physician’s orders and monitor Patient’s progress
- Create a supportive environment, educating cancer patients about treatment procedures and particularities of the disease
- Work with patients who have been diagnosed with life - threatening conditions to provide a stable environment to help patients and their families with work through the treatment process and to cope with potentially fatal outcomes
- Ensure strict compliance with federal and state regulations and company policies, procedures and processes
- Ensure patient care is delivered appropriately and consistent with OptumCare’s best - practices and industry standard measures
- Perform other work related duties and activities as assigned or requested
Current, unrestricted NV RN license or temporary NV RN license with the ability to obtain permanent NV RN license upon expiration of temporary NV RN license
- Chemotherapy certification
- 2+ years of experience in a hospital setting, acute care, or direct care experience with the adult population
- 2+ years of Oncology Patient Educator experience
- Demonstrated effectiveness with nursing processes
- Possesses personal fortitude and compassion to deal with patients suffering from a profound illness
- Proficient computer skills i.e. Microsoft products (Excel, Word, Outlook), experience with computer based medical records recommended
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client / patient sites within a designated area
- OCN certification
- 1+ year of oncology experience
- Experience charting in EMR
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.