At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Data Management and Insights (DMI) is transforming the way that Wells Fargo uses and manages data. Our work enables Wells Fargo to empower and inform our team members, deliver exceptional experiences for our customers, and meet the elevated expectations of our regulators. The team is responsible for designing the future data environment, defining data governance and oversight, and partnering with technology to operate the data infrastructure for the company. This team also provides next generation analytic insights to drive business strategies and help meet our commitment to satisfy our customers’ financial needs.
The Data Management Risk Operational Risk Group (DMR ORG) Program acts as the Second Line of Defense (SLOD) for Data Management Risks (DMR) across the enterprise, including:
• Effective governance structure and engagement model with stakeholders, including the Operational Risk Group (ORG) in Corporate Risk
• Effective processes to identify, assess, and measure risk
• Key indicators to better inform management of current state of risk and exposure
The DMR Program Team has three key functions in support of Independent Data Governance and Oversight:
• Build & Maintenance
• Ongoing Oversight
• Audits & Exams Coordination
This position reports to the Head of Ongoing Oversight. This position will have responsibility for aspects of overseeing the enterprise DMR operational sub-risk type framework, including:
• Provide ongoing Second Line of Defense (SLOD) oversight for the DMR program implementation by Business Groups, Data Domain Managers/Executives, and/or Corporate Staff Groups
• Provide Credible Challenge of First Line of Defense (FLOD) Risk Identification and Assessment
• Evaluate FLOD for design and effectiveness of data management risks
• Monitor Key Indicator Program (KIP) monitoring across the Enterprise and lead escalation of trigger events when metrics exceed established boundaries
• Provide Aggregated Risk Reporting for Data Management Risks, in collaboration with Enterprise Information Security (EIS) and Technology Risk Management Oversight (TRMO)
• In collaboration with Enterprise Information Security (EIS) and Technology Risk Management Oversight (TRMO), provide governance and oversight of aggregated risk identification, assessments and reporting profiles to support Enterprise Risk Self-Assessment (ERSA), Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA), Scenario Planning & other CCAR upstream processes related to data management risk
** Preferred locations: Charlotte, NC, Minneapolis, MN, San Francisco, CA, Phoenix, AZ and Irving, TXRequired Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Knowledge and understanding of Shared Risk Platform (SHRP) such as reporting and issue management
- Experience with Wells Fargo risk systems such as Shared Risk Platform (SHRP), Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA), or Control Risk Analysis System (CRAS+)
- Change leadership experience
- Experience with Information Security Risk or Technology experience preferred
- Experience in Data Management Risk
- Working knowledge in data domains of: Consumer Lending, WIM, Community Banking, Wholesale, Credit Risk and/or Commercial Lending
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.