You push yourself to reach higher and go further. Because for you, it’s all about ensuring a positive outcome for patients. In this role, you’ll be onsite in the hospital setting and coordinate the long - term care needs for patients. And at every turn, you’ll have the support of an elite and dynamic team. Join UnitedHealth Group and our family of businesses and you will use your diverse knowledge and experience to make health care work better for our patients. In this Health and Social Services Clinical Coordinator role, you will be an essential element of an Integrated Care Model by relaying the pertinent information about the member needs and advocating for the best possible care available, and ensuring they have the right services to meet their needs.
This position will be on-site at a hospital location at either downtown Houston Medical Center or in Galveston. We are open to hiring someone near either of those locations. You will have a work from home set up, but the majority of your time will be onsite at the hospital.
- Assess, plan and implement care strategies that are individualized by patient and directed toward the most appropriate, lease restrictive level of care
- Identify and initiate referrals for social service programs; including financial, psychosocial, community and state supportive services
- Manage the care plan throughout the continuum of care as a single point of contact
- Communicate with all stakeholders the required health - related information to ensure quality coordinated care and services are provided expeditiously to all members
- Advocate for patients and families as needed to ensure the patient’s needs and choices are fully represented and supported by the health care team
- Active RN license in the state of TX or the ability to obtain upon hire
- 4+ years of experience working within the community health setting in a health care role
- 2+ years of experience working with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Bachelor's Degree
- Background in managing populations with complex medical or behavioral needs
- Pediatric experience
- Experience with electronic charting
- Experience with arranging community resources
- Prior field based work experience
- Emergency Room experience
- Medicaid/Medicare experience
- Managed Care experience
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Clinical, Registered Nurse, RN, CCM, Medicaid Waver, Medicaid, MDCP, pediatrics, field based, home care, home health, complex case management, managed care, bilingual, Texas, mental health, behavioral health, case management, case manager, home and community based services, long-term care, LTC, hospice, public health, assisted living, Medicare, Medicaid, Waiver, healthcare, managed care, Galveston, Houston, TX, UHG, UnitedHealth Group, UHC, Unitedhealthcare, Community and State, Texas