Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:We are currently seeking full–time, part-time and adjunct faculty to teach in our undergraduate and graduate areas. Our courses are offered on-site and on-line and include clinical instruction.
Job Description Details:
The primary function of our faculty is the instruction of Mount Carmel College of Nursing students and all related activities. Teaching excellence is defined as instruction that fosters a positive teacher-student relationship; intellectually challenges the student; and demonstrates skillful techniques in the classroom, including the use of educational technology. Maintains academic records regarding the progress of students. Advises students in academic matters.
- Supervises, evaluates, and advises students in classroom, laboratory, and clinical experiences.
- Maintains student records.
- Facilitates a learning and caring environment which encourages critical thinking, investigation, self-direction, and respect for the uniqueness of each individual student.
- Maintains communication and oversees the activities of Assistant Instructors/Preceptors regarding course curriculum and student evaluation, if applicable.
- Participates in professional activities, programs and professional organizations.
- Participates in peer review.
- Participates in College and Faculty Assembly according to full-time/part-time employment status.
- Attends required College functions.
- Mentors new faculty.
- Participates in scholarly activities, either individually or collaboratively.
About Mount Carmel College of Nursing
For over 100 years Mount Carmel College of Nursing has been committed to lifelong learning in the science of professional nursing. Today our commitment to learning has never been stronger, and has made us the largest private BSN program in Ohio. We’re also committed to faculty experiences and providing our educators the most innovative learning environment possible. The personal passion of our faculty to do what’s right will positively impact patient outcomes for years to come.
- Minimum one year of teaching experience for select positions.
- Bachelor's in Nursing required. Master's in Nursing or Terminal Degree (DNP, PhD, MBA) may be required for some positons.
- Licensure / Certification: Must hold a current active unrestricted licensure as an RN in the State of Ohio, if applicable. CPR certification required with RN licensure, if applicable.
- A minimum of at least two years in the practice of nursing.
- Candidates teaching epidemiology and biostatistics is a plus
- Online teaching experience
At Mount Carmel, we invest in your success. You’ll work alongside talented colleagues to advance patient-centered care every day . Join us in our mission to transform the lives of those we serve.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.