- Implement patient care using nursing process of assessment, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documentation
- Documentation of initial assessment, nursing intervention and patient and facility education and response
- Safe control of all pharmacy and medical supplies. Assists in maintaining clean patient care environment
- Professional courteous rapport with patient's families, coworkers, and surgeons. Liaison between patient, family, surgeon, and staff to coordinate care and services
- Conduct pre and post-operative teaching to patient and family members
- Participate in facility compliance activities and programs. Work cooperatively with other members of the team to maintain records and reach facility goals
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Current unrestricted RN licensure in the state of Texas
- 2+ years of Operating Room experience
- BLS and ACLS certification
- PALS required upon hire
- 3+ years of OR/Perioperative Services experience
- Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) experience
- Experience working with Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.