At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
Wells Fargo Virtual Channels (WFVC) serves consumer and small business customers through digital (online, mobile, and social) and contact centers (phone, email, and correspondence). We provide customers with convenient ways to manage their accounts, enable digital payments, provide solutions that meet their financial needs, and more. WFVC serves about 27 million customers through our digital channels and support about 5.8 billion customer interactions annually through digital and contact centers.
WFVC is part of the Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation (PVSI) business division. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
Community Banking operates one of the most extensive banking franchises in the country, serving customers through approximately 6,000 branches and 13,000 ATMs in 39 states and the District of Columbia. Our group includes Business Strategy and Administration; Customer and Branch Experience; Customer Remediation Office; Distribution Strategy Group; Regional Banking; Regional Services; and Customer Segments, and serves mass market, affluent, and small business customers. Our focus is on delivering an exceptional experience for our customers and providing the products and services that will help them realize their financial hopes and dreams.
The Customer Platform Simplification (CPS) is focused on transforming Wells Fargo into a digital first organization. To achieve this goal, we must streamline and simplify our current products and processes. Our desire is to have “one” way of performing a function - the customer leveraging a digital platform. And when needed, the banker would then assist the customer leveraging the same digital asset and process. We anticipate this business/experience led approach will lead us to a simplified technology platform as well. The role we are seeking is to lead this significant strategic change for Wells Fargo. We are looking for a Strategic Program Lead which will be responsible for end to end strategy and execution in this space. This leader will be the visible face of the program to the organization and its stakeholders. This leader will shape the Customer Platform strategy while being accountable for achieving its goals and KPIs along with playing a key role in leading the digital transformation for this organization.
At all times, this digital transformation work will require delivery in a new way at Wells Fargo – we will deliver based on customer experience in a horizontal approach that will extends across multiple LOB’s, products and processes. This approach will bring together our Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) approach and our Digital customer experience in a much more tightly, integrated manner.
This work is high priority, extremely complex and is being depended on for delivery across multiple consumer business strategies. In this role, you will be relied upon to collaborate in a highly effective way to develop and implement strategies that drive customer and team member experience, improve operational efficiency and drive new revenue. This role administratively reports to the Consumer CRM Leader, but is accountable daily to our 3 Accountable leaders for the CPS Program (Business, Tech, Program Delivery.)
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Accountable and empowered to ensure overall program success
- Accountable for development of CPS strategy and connecting into tangible goals, KPIs and execution plans
- While understanding key business strategies, drives towards a common enablement strategy across customer, product and channel; manages all external dependencies that may impact program direction, budget and timeline
- Understands technology strategies and how digital and CRM platforms are evolving to deliver new innovations for the customer & team member
- Advocates for and helps shape the long-term agile organization equipped for digital delivery
- Directing the work of leaders from across the organization – coming together into a program structure
- Day to day responsibility to three accountable leaders from the Business, Technology and Program Delivery
- Solves complex issues with strong business and technology acumen
- Understands and connects separate internal business strategies and initiatives to enable program success
- Provides direction on journey identification/intake, and prioritization
- Partners with Value Stream and other Agile Leaders to ensure customer journeys are developed on-time, on-budget
Teamwork & Collaboration:
- Primary champion for the program – visible across organization
- Leads the program team through a federated model on a daily basis
- Connects program leaders together to achieve success
- Obtains appropriate strategic buy-in on difficult decisions and solves complex issues, especially when there isn’t agreement amongst stakeholders, knowing how to negotiate and when to escalate to his/her accountable leaders
- Communicates program direction, milestones, and key decisions
The successful candidate for this role will have experience as a visionary leader within a large scale, matrixed organization with previous experience in transforming vision into digital strategy, change and evolution. They will need the ability to demonstrate superlative communication skills as required to both deliver executive presentations and negotiate with vendors and business leaders to achieve success. The candidate must have a passion for customer experience, products, data and technology with an appetite to innovate to solve complex problems. They will be a strong collaborator as they work to balance the needs of the customer, team members and business in their day to day decision making.
This leader will contribute to the CPS Strategy with a One Wells Fargo lens by living the vision and values of Wells Fargo. It requires a leader with strong relationship management, influencing, vision and execution skills. A key differentiator will be the ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment. The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for achievement while making difficult decisions based on a mixture of analysis, experience, and judgement.
Preferred locations are Charlotte and San Francisco; may be open other WF hub locations.
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- 8+ years of management experience in a planning environment
- 5+ years of experience of industry experience driving strategic change, across enterprise and within a large scale company
- Experience developing and executing communication strategies by collaborating with large, matrixed teams
- Demonstrated experience building relationships and empathy with senior business leaders, speak fluently with developers, marketers, sales and customer success
- Ability to speak fluently with developers, marketers, sales and customer success
- Ability to excite, energize and motivate others; thrives in teams; highly inclusive and collaborative with proven ability to lead through influence vs. authority.
- Experience and knowledge with Agile development processes
- Proven success achieving objectives requiring a high level of cooperation from other parts of the organization to collaborate, initiate action planning, manage change, as well as make high impact decisions that advance the progress of the organization
- Excellent problem solving and analytic capabilities utilized to identify root cause improvement opportunities, as well as designing approaches/programs to address those issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a straightforward and understandable manner
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.