At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
Wells Fargo Merchant Services specializes in providing solutions such as credit card, debit card, check guarantee, e-commerce and gift cards to businesses of all sizes. WFMS is nationally recognized for its ingenuity and reputation as a leader in the electronics payments industry. We are searching for highly motivated Compliance Credit Risk Professional. Come work with a leader in the Electronic Payments industry.
The payment network compliance team works closely with Visa, MasterCard and other payment networks, to resolve identified risk and compliance issues in our merchant portfolio. As part of the risk and credit team you will partner with these areas to ensure existing and new accounts are following all relevant payment network rules when accepting card transactions including:
• Manage Visa and MasterCard merchant excessive fraud and chargeback programs:
o Review merchant chargeback and fraud reduction plans and provide feedback.
o Identify problem accounts to be referred to risk for possible adverse action.
• Implements and monitors risk-based programs by working with internal and external customers to resolve issues.
• Analyzes monthly reports and identifies issues that need to be addressed. Investigates concerns and consults with appropriate partners to mitigate risk.
• Coordinates internal and external audits as needed.
• Acts as the Subject Matter Expert to assist internal partners (Account Managers/Sales Consultants) with problems that arise with customers
- 1+ year of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both
- 1+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: additional compliance, additional operational risk management, IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience; or a BS/BA degree or higher in business or a related field
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 3+ years of risk and regulatory compliance experience
- Financial services industry experience
- 1 + years of fraud detection and prevention experience
Experience with VISA and MasterCard operating rules & chargeback guidelinesDisclaimer
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.