At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk, and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
This Operational Risk Consultant will be part of the Commercial Banking Centralized Compliance team that will partner with the Commercial Banking Group (CmBG) offices to provide support for regulatory and operational risk processes and programs, helping to mitigate any risk that arises from inadequate or failed internal processes.
- Partners with Regional Commercial Banking Office (RCBO) offices to provide consulting and support for regulatory and operational risk programs (to include Know Your Customer (KYC) activities) to mitigate operational risk in business activities.
- Works with multiple CmBG offices/divisions as well as external customers to provide operational risk expertise and consulting for new account requests and complex BSA questions.
- May help develop and implement testing strategies to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems, and internal controls to assess operational risk issues.
- Identifies training opportunities; may design/coordinate the development of training materials and may deliver training.
- Consults with business to develop corrective action plans and effectively manage change.
- Coordinates production of periodic operational risk performance reports for management, including trend analysis and recommended strategies.
- May be responsible for tracking any deficiency within the process and implementing a corrective plan of action.
Preferred locations are posted but may consider other hub locations.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: additional compliance, additional operational risk management, IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience; or a BS/BA degree or higher in business or a related field
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of COPS/Cornerstone System, Hogan, AFS, Credit View, WLIS
- In depth knowledge of BSA/KYC
- Commercial Banking experience
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.