At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring a risk-based program to identify, assess and mitigate any operational risk that arises from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems or external events, while maintaining a balance between risk mitigation and operational efficiency. The team manages the governance of the risk and control taxonomies used across the enterprise. May provide oversight to an operational risk program. Works with assigned business units and provides operational risk expertise and consulting for projects and initiatives with moderate to high risk. May provide senior-level support for systems security-related issues. Develops testing strategies and methodologies; evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems and internal controls; analyzes business and/or systems changes to determine impact; identifies and assesses operational risk issues and assigns risk ratings consistent with established policy standards. Consults with business to develop corrective action plans and effectively manage change. Identifies training opportunities; may design/coordinate the development of training materials and delivers training. Reports findings and drafts recommendations to mitigate risk to operational risk and business line management. Coordinates production of periodic operational risk performance reports for senior management, including trend analysis and recommended strategies. May manage project teams and provide guidance to less experience specialists/consultants.Required Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: additional compliance, additional operational risk management, IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience; or a BS/BA degree or higher in business or a related field
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Experience with Basel operational risk regulatory requirements
- Previous experience with operational risk and control assessment processes, governance processes and risk and control taxonomy management
- Must be an excellent communicator, collaborator and relationship builder
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize effectively
- Ability to work with minimal direction and take initiative and ownership in decision-making and problem solving
- Preparing and presenting reports to peers and leaders
- Ability to offer credible challenge and negotiate to appropriate resolutions
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.