At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo Compliance is the company’s compliance second line of defense function, providing company-wide leadership, standards, support, and independent oversight to ensure that all business groups abide by applicable laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance (regulatory requirements), meet compliance responsibilities, and manage compliance risks. Wells Fargo Compliance credibly challenges management decisions, business processes and activities, and evaluates and assesses adherence to applicable regulatory requirements. It provides appropriate analysis, reporting, and escalation to senior management and the Board of Directors, sets minimum standards for the company, and gives advice, guidance, and support for compliance risk management activities across the enterprise.
Within Wells Fargo Compliance, the Enterprise Testing group is responsible for establishing and maintaining a consolidated Enterprise Testing program at the corporate level. Enterprise Testing is responsible for developing a common methodology and standards, providing governance and oversight, executing testing; and conducting horizontal reviews. Testing and validation teams are responsible for implementing the Enterprise Testing methodology and standards, and executing group-specific testing.
The Community Banking, Consumer Lending, and Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation (PVSI), Enterprise Testing team is seeking an Operational Risk Consultant 3 to assist in developing, implementing, and executing a risk-based Test and Validation (T&V) program. This team member will serve in a review lead and/or review tester capacity for internal compliance and control reviews for a broad range of areas, such as:
- Business Process Risk Management Test and Validate phase
- Complaints management
- Third Party Risk Management
- Information Life Cycle Management (records management)
- Mobile Properties Policy
- Project Management
- Technology Change Management
- Data Breach Notification Process
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Developing testing strategies and methodology.
- Evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, product and internal controls.
- Participating in complex testing engagements, as the review lead and/or review tester, for multiple regulatory and operational risks.
- Drafting reports of findings and provide recommendations for business line management.
- Assist in consulting with the business to assist in developing corrective action plans.
- Assist in effectively managing change to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Collaboration with the data analytics team to execute automated testing and monitoring activities including developing, implementing, reporting and addressing issues identified with appropriate parties.
- May assist with site, agency or other examinations conducted by internal/external parties.
Other locations within the Wells Fargo footprint will be considered.
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.Required Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: additional compliance, additional operational risk management, IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience; or a BS/BA degree or higher in business or a related field
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem solving techniques
- Ability to assess issues, make quick decisions, implement solutions, and influence change
- Knowledge and understanding of banking: regulations, compliance, policies, process, and procedures
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Knowledge and understanding of compliance or operational risk
- Leadership experience including; coaching, training, and mentoring
- Experience with Wells Fargo risk systems such as Shared Risk Platform (SHRP), Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA), or Control Risk Analysis System (CRAS+)
- Experience testing policy and procedures/control testing
- Audit or internal controls testing experience
- Experience reviewing testing strategies and methodologies; evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls; and identifying issues resulting from internal and/or external compliance examinations
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Experience creating and executing test scripts
- Experience documenting and reporting test results
- Experience addressing issues identified
- Experience leading testing engagements
- Operational risk testing or monitoring experience
MN-Minneapolis: 2701 Wells Fargo Way - Minneapolis, MN
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
AZ-Tempe: 1150 W Washington St - Tempe, AZ
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
CA-SF-Financial District: 333 Market St - San Francisco, CA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.