At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The position of Operational Risk Consultant 3 (ORC3) is part of the Product Risk Management team at Wells Fargo Advisors. This team is responsible for consulting with various business partners to help identify potential and emerging risks related to the products and services that Wells Fargo Advisors offers. We have an opening on the team for a highly organized team member to become engaged in product related projects and product related risk assessments.
Responsibilities of Product Risk team include:
- Consult on product related projects and initiatives to help identify and mitigate risk.
Advisory, Brokerage, Mobile and On-line products as well as New Business Initiatives
- Represent WFA Risk in working groups performing business product reviews that lead up to Product and New Business Initiatives Risk Committee, other product related committees, and working groups.
Modifications to existing products
Ongoing evaluation of products and services offered by the firm
- Collaborate with Compliance, Legal, and WIM or Corporate Risk representatives on Risk Assessments for the line of business.
- Understand Corporate Risk Policies to ensure the business is compliant (Model Risk, New Product and Business Initiatives, and Fiduciary and Investment Risk Oversight, among others).
- Assist Manager with assessing business impact of regulatory event changes within the industry.
- Evaluate High Reputational Risk accounts and prepare summaries for escalation.
In addition to the required professional qualifications, we are specifically looking for team members who have the following background:
- Energetic self-starter who is flexible, conscientious, proactive, and detail-oriented.
- Powerful communicator who reflects professional presence and is confident in interactions with clients and business partners.
- Self-driven, independent team member who effectively prioritizes and executes tasks; and embraces new challenges.
When applying through LinkedIn, use #WIMRisk or #ESGRiskRequired Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: additional compliance, additional operational risk management, IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience; or a BS/BA degree or higher in business or a related field
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Brokerage industry experience
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- FINRA Securities licenses
- Internal systems experience (BETA, SmartStation, SHRP)
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.