At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Finance Control Executive team within Enterprise Finance and Information Technology provides risk and control support to the Finance businesses for all front line risk activities. Finance includes Business Finance, Controllers, Corporate Development, Corporate Strategy, Corporate Treasury, Enterprise Finance, and Finance Shared Services.
This is an exciting opportunity for an Operational Risk professional to join the Finance Control Executive team and play an individual contributor role in the newly established Finance Front Line Issues Management Center of Excellence. This position is critical to help Finance reduce risk, improve controls, and build credible success in addressing issues. This role will ensure consistent execution across Finance and will support the transformation necessary to manage risk in an effective and sustainable manner. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player that has expertise in risk management, is a self-starter who is accustomed to working in complex organizations with a diverse group of stakeholders, and someone who is able to withstand challenges and adapt accordingly. They will also have a demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong credible relationships with key stakeholder groups including leaders within the Finance Control executive team, Enterprise and across the Finance organization to achieve success.
Key Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Reinforce Issue Management requirements via inspection, exception reporting, and data quality reviews, reporting out periodic results to senior management
- Conduct root cause analysis of identified issues to ensure deliverables are compliant not only current regulations and policies, but also focus on sustainable and repeatable processes
- Review critical artifacts that support validation efforts with our testing, validation and exam partners
- Promote a strong risk culture, cultivate relationships and foster a team orientation with Finance business partners, Finance Control Executive team, independent risk management, and internal audit
- Focus on the details of an issue or task while keeping the big picture in mind
- Implementation of practical business solutions
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to identify and evaluate trends, isolate root cause, and provide swift/thorough resolution
- Strong root cause analysis skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Ability to manage initiatives including: detailed planning, process management, and documentation
- Experience managing issues using SHRP/Issue Management tool aggregating and assisting with reporting of enterprise risk exposures, metrics or issues
- Ability to identify inefficiencies and/or opportunities to improve upon information quality processes;
- Experience in multiple areas of Operational Risk disciplines that issues arise such as but not limited to: security, model risk, 3rd party, testing, regulatory risk, records management, reputational risk,
- Issue Management Policy experience
- Demonstrated experience interacting with, providing reporting to and supporting senior and executive level leaders
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple deliverables, multi-task and meet deadlines despite competing priorities
- Ability to work in an intense, highly collaborative and fast-paced environment with timing pressures from lines of business, enterprise risk groups and risk partners
- Demonstrated strong process management skills
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo’s risk culture and structure with ability to navigate the complexity of the organization
- Demonstrated strong control and governance skills
- Knowledge of Finance business units and processes along with knowledge of operational requirements related to these businesses
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.